Makeup Artist To The Stars Reveals How To Look Glamorous And Be Toxin-Free In The Green Beauty Rules
“Finally, a green beauty book written for the glamorous girl. Paige has been a makeup artist for ten years. No one is more qualified to show you how to be glamorous and green. [She] explained to me that just like toxic chemicals in food, toxic chemicals in cosmetics are just as harmful to your body. Paige Padgett shows you exactly how
to rid your beauty routine of toxic chemicals without having to make your own
cosmetics or settle for substandard beauty products that don’t work. She will empower you to make good choices for you and your family while keeping you gorgeous. With something useful for everyone, The Green Beauty Rules is the green beauty book you’ve been waiting for…” – Jillian Michaels
Paige Padgett, makeup artist to the stars and most specifically, Jillian Michaels, is revolutionary in the beauty industry and is finally revealing her brand of beauty magic in her first book The Green Beauty Rules: The Essential Guide to Toxic-Free Beauty, Green Glamour and Glowing Skin (HCI Books — $21.95). Filled with tips and tricks to get glamorous, toxic-free make-up looks, this green beauty expert has the 411 on killer toxins and chemicals found in most beauty products. The Green Beauty Rules is a simple, step-by-step beauty detox plan which guides readers on what to try, buy and toss for a healthier and gorgeous lifestyle.
Chapter by chapter Paige Padgett explains why she got started on this green beauty journey, what to look out for, and why to care about the ingredients of your favorite cosmetics. Paige explains “After attending Ken Cook’s ‘Ten Americans’ lecture I was blown away to find that an average of 287 chemicals are found in our bodies. Some of these chemicals were banned 30 years ago. Shockingly enough, some of these chemicals compound in our bodies and are passed down through our parents. Since then I decided I would eliminate toxic chemicals from my cosmetics and teach others how to do it as well.”
Since making the greening shift can be overwhelming, Paige holds the reader’s hand throughout the transition. She stresses to take things one step at a time, figure out what products work best for you, and how to get the most out of certain products that can be used for more than one need.
One of the best takeaways from Padgett’s book is that “green,” “natural” and “organic” do not need to be expensive. Green beauty products have come a long way since she first started and now products are vibrant, smell great, and are as effective (if not more) as popular brands.
Highlights from the book include:
• Debunking the five biggest green beauty myths (Chapter 1 Green Beauty Pioneer)
• Three eco-attitudes and how to flow between them (Chapter 1)
• Paige’s 80/20 beauty diet (Chapter 2 Beauty from the “Outside In”)
• Sample Green Beauty Routine (Chapter 9 Green Beauty Looks)
• The difference between natural, organic, and chemically safe (Chapter 3 Organic, Natural and Naturally Derived)
• How to effectively use the Environmental Working Group Skin Deep Database (Chapter 5 Transition to Clean)
• The 60-Second Save – How to quickly identify chemically safe products (Chapter 6 Shop like a Pro)
• Tools for identifying greenwashing, reading labels and decoding packaging seals and stamps (Chapter 3)
• The three P’s to avoid—perfume, parabens, petrochemicals (Chapter 4 The Nasties)
• Paige’s Top Ten daily use products (Chapter 5)
• A step-by-step guide to greening your beauty routine (Chapter 5)
• A list of the top estrogenic chemicals to watch out for in products (Chapter 4)
The Green Beauty Rules: The Essential Guide to Toxic-Free, Green Glamour, and Glowing Skin by Paige Padgett Available wherever books are sold or to order directly from the publisher, contact: www.hcibooks.com or (800) 441-5569
ISBN: 978-0-7573-1870-2 $21.95—September 2015